Anzac Biscuits: The Origin and Recipe
(awm.gov.au) Includes two recipes: the old army biscuit or ANZAC
tile/wafer recipe (this is NOT the common "Anzac biscuit") and
"Popular ANZAC Biscuit recipe" (includes coconut).
The ANZAC Biscuit (poppyappeal.com.au) History of the Anzac biscuit, with a recipe (includes
Biscuits (anzacday.org.au) Origin and history of the Anzac biscuit, along with a
recipe (includes coconut).
Anzac Biscuits - A Culinary Memorial [pdf file] (research.humanities.curtin.edu.au) Report on the history of and issues associated with Anzac biscuits, by
Sian Supski, Curtin University of Technology.
Among topics covered are:
- Anzac biscuits and Anzac mythology
- the origins of Anzac biscuits
- the role of Anzac biscuits in commemorating Anzac Day
- the variation in Anzac biscuit recipes
- the role of women in the war
- the ingredients: inclusion/omission of coconut and cream of tartar,
addition of wattleseed
Reproduces three recipes: - Anzac Crisps (Green & Gold Cookery Book, 1927)
- Anzac Biscuits (Margaret Fulton Cookbook 25th Anniversary edition, 2004
- Anzac Biscuits (Donna Hay Magazine, Autumn 2001)
Subway cuts Anzac biscuits after request to alter recipe (ausfoodnews.com.au) Australian Food News, 22 September 2008
"Federal legislation dictates that Anzac biscuits and cakes can only be sold
in Australia if the product 'generally conforms to the traditional recipe
and shape, is not advertised in any way that would play on Australia’s
military heritage, and is not used in association with the word ‘cookies’,
with its non-Australian overtones'."
Stop cashing in on our Anzac legend - says RSL (news.com.au) news.com.au,
1 June 2012 The RSL is concerned about the possible misuse of the
Anzac name during the time leading up to the 100th Gallipoli anniversary in
Approved maker of packaged Anzac biscuits, Unibic Australia, pays 4 per cent
of profits to veterans.